You may have idealized many sportsmen of football, basketball etc. due to their athletic qualities. Here, we are to help you with one of the key quality of sportsman you want to see in yourself. Below, we are going to tell you how to jump higher than you usually do.
7 EXERCISES FOR HOW TO JUMP HIGHER
Most of the sportsman usually jumps really high as compare to a normal person who is not a sportsman. Because sportsman do a lot of hard work to reach that higher level of jump. If you are inspired by some athletes who can jump very high and you are wishing to jump as higher as they can. So let me tell you a great thing that you can also do that.
Today, I am going to tell you some of the 7 best exercises for how to jump higher. Bulgarian Split Squats, Depth Jump, Deadlifts, Jump Squats, Box Jumps, Knee Tucks, and Hip Flexor Stretch are some of the best exercises that will help you to jump higher. These exercise work on your explosiveness and overall jumping ability.
Although, the standard jump height in the male is 16-20 inches and in the female it is 12-16 inches. But, if you really have a desire to know how to jump higher than people around you, you should follow these amazing exercises completely.
Jump higher is not that much touch. You just need to do some practice to jump that much higher. All these exercises increase your muscles power and your body flexibility level that is very useful in jumping higher. All you have to do is to give some of your time to these exercise to that will help you to jump higher. So if you want to jump higher start doing exercise from now.
BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUATS
Bulgarian split Squats in particular hits the quads, however, it additionally objectives the glutes and hamstrings pretty hard as well. It lets you jump higher. Bulgarian split Squats are sometimes known as the rear foot elevated split squat. It’s basically only a single leg squat that you can carry out alongside your rear-foot elevated and resting on a bench at the back of you.
The Bulgarian split squat puts a lot much less pressure to your lower back due to the fact that you’re doing the exercise one leg at a time so that you can overload your legs effectively while using plenty less overall weight. Bulgarian Split Squats is a really effective exercise.
Bulgarian split squad is one of the best exercises to build your abdominal section strength. You can never do high jumps if you don’t have well muscular abdominal.
HOW TO DO:
- Take a bench having a height approx. your knee height.
- Place your toe of leg 1 on it from behind (folding your knee to the downside).
- Stand with your leg 2 straight.
- Now, bend your leg 2 till it makes the 90-degree angle with its thigh, with your knee 1 touching the floor.
- Stand straight on leg 1 and repeat.
You can straight your hands during exercise to provide extra balance to your body. Moreover, if you are a beginner try to keep a pillow or comfortable thing under knee 1. Also, keep less distance between your legs. As soon as you are getting used to it you can remove the pillow as well as increase the distance.
Depth Jump is a reactionary movement that will help any athlete whether it’s going up and grabbing a rebound, spiking a volleyball or grabbing a pass or interception. Depth Jumps exercise will prepare you for those in-game moments.
The first thing you are going on the top of the elevated platform about a foot tall and you are going to drop down as soon as you hit the floor you are going to explode right up jumping maximum height. You can also do some different variation with the depth jump like jumping right on top of a plyometric box. It’s a good functional exercise;
Want to know how to jump higher with smooth rebounding ability? Depth jump not only increases your vertical jump but your strength of rebounding when doing multiple jumps.
HOW TO DO:
- Take two benches of different heights (Note: It is preferable to take one bench of height as that of your knee and another half your knee length).
- Place both the benches in a line with 3 to 4-foot distance between them.
- Stand on the short height bench.
- Lift one of your legs outside as if you are hanging it. Now, go down on the ground with landing on both of your legs.
- As you touch the ground bend yourself for doing a higher jump to land on the knee height bench.
Noteworthy, the more pressure you give on your leg while landing between the benches the more rebounding and higher jumps you will get.
Not only Deadlifts help you to jump high but also it helps you to improve your posture, it improves your core stability and your core strength. Deadlifts just straighten your back which helps in making a good posture. Having a good posture gives you that confidence. Deadlifts build your strength up and it helps you to squat better.
It assists you to do pull-ups better. Nearly every other workout inside the gym will gain from your deadlifting. It also increases cardiovascular health and fat burning capabilities. It also helps you to increase your strength and increase grip strength which assists you in jumping higher.
When it comes to high jumps you need to improve you not only need to improve your abdominal health but also your upper body strength. The best thing about a deadlift is that it gives your multiple area strength.
HOW TO DO:
- Take a bar of suitable weight.
- Stand straight with your feet in the middle under the rod of the bar.
- Now, bend down and grab the bar with your knees straight.
- Lift up the bar bending your knees.
- Stand up straight with the bar holding it for some seconds.
- Lift down the weights and repeat.
If you are a beginner start with fewer weights to avoid backbone problems. Also, while doing this exercise take proper rest.
Jump Squats actually have a variety of fitness advantages. Jump Squats allow you to construct legs muscle tissues that not only help to jump higher but also in making your leg muscles strong. Jump Squats additionally promote an anabolic environment. This environment allows constructing different muscle groups within the body.
Apart from supporting you to jump higher, it also allows burning extra fats. Gaining muscles is one of the fine methods to burn calories. With each pound of muscle gained you may burn around fifty to seventy calories extra than normal days. It will also build muscle in your quads, your hamstrings, and your glutes and helps you to jump higher.
Performing jump squat regularly will make you feel a great improvement in your jump height. This exercise stresses upon your butts and knee to give power for an extraordinary high jump.
HOW TO DO:
- Stand straight and place your legs wide apart from each other to provide maximum balance (as in a regular squat).
- Place your hands in front of your chest with your elbows bend.
- Bend your body by means of butts and knees.
- Get up with a jump, throwing your hands at the back allowing your body to boost in upward direction.
- Land on the ground, stand straight and repeat the process.
However, if you never heard of squats you should try them first and then go for these jump squats for better results.
Box Jump exercise work on your explosiveness and overall jumping ability. While doing a box jump you have to use your leg muscles quickly and powerfully which makes your leg muscles stronger that are very useful in jumping higher. It also helps you if you play any type of athletic sport from baseball, football, basketball, and soccer.
Box Jumps assist you to be more explosive off the ground when you are making those cuts moves Or when you are jumping so higher place. It has mobility and flexibility benefits which help you to jump higher and assist you to construct muscle.
Box jumps exercise is like depth jump exercise (more like depth jump’s first stage). This exercise helps you to do high jumps with proper aims.
HOW TO DO:
- Place a box of suitable height.
- Stand straight in front of the box with legs apart.
- Bend down your knees with your hands swinging to and fro. This is to provide maximum strength to jump.
- Jump high, throwing your hands behind and land on the box on your foot.
- Jump back on the floor, and repeat.
Moreover, if you are a beginner you should take low heights (i.e. 6-12 inches). Don’t spread your legs very far from each other while standing or landing. Noteworthy, throwing your hands behind while a jump is a very effective move to boost strength. So, don’t skip it.
Knee tucks are an excellent manner to strength your legs, flatten your stomach and get a few speedy, intense cardio advantages. While knee tucks fire up the complete leg and the glutes, they particularly work the core. Knee tucks also helps to strengthen your knee which are very useful in jumping higher.
Knee tucks require overall body energy to raise your body weight off the floor. Whenever you’re multi-tasking muscle groups in a workout, you’re efficiently burning extra calories than doing just single muscle groups. We love the knee tucks because, in addition to cardio, you’re truly getting a chance to tone the lower body on the same time.
You could either do this lying down the floor or on a seat. This exercise not only improves abs but thigh strength and muscles. Here, we are going to tell you’re about the seated knee tucks.
HOW TO DO:
- Sit on a seat with your back straight.
- Place your hands before your butts, on the seat. Grab the seat tight.
- Tilt your back toward the seat by putting all the pressure on your hands.
- As soon as, you start tilting your back down, also start lifting your legs up.
- Get back to the original position. Repeat several times.
Even, if you are a beginner there are no precautions in doing this exercise. However, try to have a seat which has perfect balance or start doing knee truck from the floor.
HIP FLEXOR STRETCH
The hip flexor stretch is going to flex the hips. It also helps to bring your leg towards your abdomen and it is also going to tilt the pelvis as well which increases the flexibility of your leg muscles and that will help you to jump higher. But people do some of the mistakes will doing Hip Flexor Stretch.
The first mistake while doing hip flexor stretch is the lack of posterior pelvic tilt. To get a full stretch on the hip flexor you have to make sure that you tilt your pelvis posteriorly. No matter what stretch you are doing for the hip flexor, you are going to feel a dramatic increase in the level of stretch. It’s also going to help loosen the hip flexor and that group of muscles of your legs.
This is a hard exercise to do that all the other written above. You should have an experience in weight lifting if you want to perform this exercise.
HOW TO DO:
- Take a bar of suitable weights placed on the wreck.
- Place yourself between the wreck in such a way that you are in the middle of the bar with its rods on your shoulder.
- Now, take the bar outside of the wreck by means of your shoulder.
- Bend down your knees on the ground.
- Get up again repeat.
As this exercise includes very heavy weights. You should have clear knowledge about your stamina (how much weight can you lift). Increase weights slowly.